Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Review: "Seven Years" by Dannika Dark

About the Book:

Seven years ago, my world ended.
Seven years ago, my new life began.

It's been seven y ears since Lexi Knight lost her brother in a tragic accident. On the anniversary of his death, her brother's best friend shows up unexpectedly - a man she hasn't seen since the funeral. He is no longer the boy Lexi once knew, but a dangerous-looking man with tattoos and dark secrets. He broke her trust and abandoned her family, yet what he reveals makes it impossible to stay angry. Lexi has been secretly infatuated with Austin since childhood, so finding out he's a Shifter just makes him sexier. Dammit.

Austin Cole has returned to the city where he grew up, and just in time. He's lived a hard life these past seven years, and the shadows of his past are threatening to destroy Lexi's family. It's time that she learned the truth about her brother, but there is a shocking twist that Austin never saw coming. Now he must protect her family when her mother and sister wind up in mortal danger. Will Lexi learn to accept the truth about who he is, and can Austin salvage a relationship from the ruins of their past?

My Review:

I have to say I fell in love with this book from the start so it was by far a 5 star (I'd give it more if I could!). It wasn't slow like some books tend to be. It stayed at the same pace throughout the entire novel and I couldn't put it down! It's one of those that reels you in and you never want to stop reading. Lexi is so broken when Austin shows back up. Her attitude was light compared to what most women would be feeling when the guy they love shows back up after seven years. I'd be tearing him a new one - just saying. Lol.

Austin was amazing and I fell in love with him every step of the way. Even when I wanted to kill him, I still loved him. :) And lordy, those tattoos! Austin was definitely my favorite main character, and my favorite supporting one had to be Denver aka Denny. Who couldn't love shifters who protect little girls they aren't related to?

So if you love shifters, the paranormal, or just a tall sexy tattooed man, this is the book for you!

Click here to purchase this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment